Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Remote, USA
- We're looking to hire our first Business Operator with a focus on finance and accounting.
- Controller activities - you're ready to engage in daily issues like AR, AP, as well as emerging issues in a start-up environment, like modeling the ROI on an initiative.
- Light FP&A activities - you will work directly with our CEO and senior leadership team to increase the overall productivity and effectiveness of the organization.
- You'll help Woolf to plan and meet our quarterly and yearly goals, and you'll occasionally be presenting to the board.
- We're building a new operating system for higher education - we created the only platform that is able to accredit new colleges and degrees, using the same accreditation as other major universities. See more at Woolf Labs.
- The opportunity is enormous, and we're building a category-defining company, increasing the speed of innovation in higher education and increasing access to high-quality education.
- We empower educators, bootcamps, and entrepreneurs to build accredited colleges and degrees on our platform with speed and at scale, without sacrificing quality. This product matters.
Business Operations supports all teams at Woolf, driving and enabling the growth of the business. You'll own the daily accounting, invoice, payroll, and state compliance activities; you'll oversee the monthly close with a CPA; and you'll work with our tax consultants for ongoing tax compliance.
You'll be joining a tech startup environment, and so in any given month you may dig into winning new market segments, modelling the customer acquisition cost of an initiave, or stepping in help us move data form one system to another. We care about details. If you're passionate about the quality of your work, are analytical, and are an great teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Own a range of financial responsibilities across the company, including day-to-day activities of accounting, AR, AP, and budget management.
- You'll work with the senior leadship team on the quarterly and annual financial planning.
- You'll interface with the senior leadership of our trusted clients to provide invoices and keep track of accounts.
- You'll engage with cross-border payments and tax issues
- You'll become familiar with the Stripe platform and complex payment flows
- You will engage in emerging issues such as creating financial models to predict the ROI on new initiatives, or handing issues related payroll, or researching and resolving an international tax issue.
- Create and showcase financial health dashboard at executive meetings
- Implement operational systems and processes that make Woolf more efficient
- Perform analyses and research that help us make the right growth decisions for Woolf
- Partner with other teams to help them execute on important strategic initiatives or drive operational scale and efficiency
You might be a fit if:
- You care about the details and get a kick out of digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- You care about your craft, and you don't mind managing daily financial issues ranging from AP or AR and Payroll
- You're ready to work in a start up, and you don't mind resonding to emerging issues, like building a financial model to evaluate the ROI on a new initiative
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners
- You are low ego and have a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- You excel in analytics and problem solving
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to manage stakeholders with tact and patience
- You have experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role in fast-paced environments
- You have 4+ years of experience or comparable role in high growth tech companies
- Experience in strategy consulting or finance