Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Location: USA (remote)
- We're hiring a VP of Accreditation to extend the vision for Woolf's accreditation strategy and drive its implementation
- You will work directly with our CEO, legal counsel, senior academics, and regulatory stakeholders to ensure predictable, successful accreditation outcomes
- We're building a new operating system for higher education - we created the only platform that is able to demonstrate the compliance of new colleges and degrees, and provide them with the same accreditation as other major universities. See more at Woolf Labs.
- The opportunity is enormous, and we're building a category-defining company, increasing the speed of innovation in higher education and increasing access to accredited high-quality education
- We empower educators, bootcamps, and entrepreneurs to build accredited colleges and degrees on our platform with speed and at scale, without sacrificing quality. This product matters.
We’re looking for a senior academic or regulatory leader who is visionary, systematic, and meticulous - you're able to see how the detailed parts fit together into the whole.
1) Global Accreditation
You will design and implement a global strategy encompassing multiple legal entities, which act in harmony under the Woolf University brand to accredit new programs and ensure their global recognition and compliance.
2) Quality Assurance
Strategically, you will harmonize each legal entity or license with the top-level QA policy of Woolf University, and you work to adjust that policy when necessary.
Tactically, you will be meticulously thorough and you will ensure there are no missed filings, non-compliant processes, or conflicting bylaws across our portfolio.
Technologically, you will coordinate with our software and product management teams to ensure the alignment of regulatory standards with the Woolf software platform’s rules and processes.
3) Stakeholder management
You're ready to interact across cultural barriers with academic leaders, government officials, and others - remaining polite and cheerful despite challenges. You'll persist and remain goal-focussed, even when others might be exasperated. You’ll build alignment and trust with key stakeholders.
5) Start up environment
You will invent solutions when roadblocks arise; you will be unperturbed by adverse regulatory pronouncements, and you will create resilient systems that can withstand the stress of policy change.
- You will design and execute the accreditation strategy across regulatory, government, legal, and financial verticals, ensuring the ongoing compliance of Woolf's growing portfolio of accreditation licenses
- As the VP of Accreditation, you will oversee Woolf's global accreditation mission by developing an international accreditation portfolio that supports compliance and credit mobility across borders.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the higher education space including both primary domain expertise in the US, and meaningful exposure to the UK or EU regulatory framework. You are ready to interact with senior academic leaders and accreditation bodies. You understand the way regulators operate, and you can navigate those processes with patience and persistence to achieve results.
You might be a fit if:
- You have a JD- or PhD-level education
- You have experience in the most senior academic roles related to accreditation, including counsel to universities seeking accreditation, or driving the accreditation for new universities
- You have more than 5 years senior academic administration or accreditation/regulatory leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re a meticulous, systematic, and able to work with complex regulatory frameworks
- You're patient but persistent in the face of bureaucratic inertia
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to influence people to get things done
- You are low ego and have a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- You get a kick out of getting close to perfection one step at a time
- You are okay with ambiguity
- Readiness to work in a start-up environment